Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Falling into Fall~





So this last summer is the summer of doing things I hadn't planned or even thought I wanted to do. Have you experienced that too? Some people talked about grief wondering if they were experiencing depression or just not feeling happy. I ended up going to the Marble Mountains a 8 mile hike, with Frank Thom/Walking Backwards for a fast 24-hour trip. I had wanted to have horses take in our gear, but we decided to take the trip ourselves with packs, in the heat of about 100 degrees. Here is the picture of me just looking thrilled, the trail is not an easy one especially with carrying gear. We arrived then planned to go to the ridge before dawn that was at least another 2 miles ups. We did make it before sunrise saying prayers for the world and his dad Charlie Thom, a native important time in honoring his passing. I experienced a rush of tears and sobbed I usually don't do this. It over took me prayers for the world and all those people that I have known through the years who have passed. Then going to our camp unable to find it feeling like I was in another dimension, having to ask for help from a wonderful couple to help me. We came out feeling very content that we made our commitment to those in spirit. So later that week was an annual Sweat Lodge in honor of Charlie, who I planned to visit my friends but possibly not sweat, there too I did another change in plans. There had started a huge fire at "Happy Camp" calling a close of the Sundance, so all the people who go to that ceremony arrived at the Sweat Lodge.  The fires were over taking our area, with the threats to the whole county. Then unexpected David Quigley's Empowerment being held in Mc Cloud asking if I could help with it, he had a virus so for a couple days I jumped in not really being with David in years. It was amazing I realized I missed doing this work with him and his groups, we have made plans to do more in the future, it was another unexpected turn of events. I did get his virus so that made me lay low for a couple weeks.  I had been taking some online, from Facebook: Christine Kloser, Liza Nichols, Jack Canfield, Nick Ortner, Callan Rush & Ryan Elison just to name a few, making it clear I do want to hang out with these type of folks. If that means write a book, doing more online seminars. I feel like I am more motivated but feeling so lucky to be in this times of being able to participate while sitting in my living room. I attempted to do lodge on the Equinox but between being sick and the smoke from the fires were so thick I could hardly see the store across the street, put our ceremony on hold. Then there was another sad but huge fire in Weed that effected 142 totally burned houses plus the community has been traumatized almost beyond words to express how sad it is. The community pulled together but still a month later still in shock. This week a young man was arrested. We finally had our lodge Sunday with prayers for all this plus gratitude for our lives, a huge summer still a bit hard to interpret more to come~

No comments: